As we make our transition to the great state of Wyoming, we are going to be on the lookout for high performance, exceptionally skilled people to help us grow. If this is you, send the job title you'd like to apply for, your resume, and a cover letter showing us why we can't live without you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff Accountant (Tacoma, WA)
The Opportunity. The Staff Accountant will take lead on daily transaction and reporting functions in A/R and A/P and assist in month-end close process and financial statement preparation.
The Job. A/R responsibilities to include customer billing and reconciliation of shipped orders, posting receipts to customer accounts, collection of past due balances, discrepancy reconciliation on customer accounts, etc. A/P responsibilities to include obtaining timely approval of all vendor invoices, posting invoices to vendor account, processing AP checks, discrepancy reconciliation of vendor accounts, etc. Month-end responsibilities to include monthly reconciliation of selected GL Accounts. Additional tasks may include preparation and filing of tax returns and various other supporting tasks as requested by the Controller.
· Knowledge of GAAP
· Knowledge of A/R, A/P, and month end closing processes
· Knowledge of relevant accounting software (Quickbooks, Magento, Avalara)
· Proficient in data entry and management
· 1-3 years Accounts Receivable experience
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Problem-solving skills
· Strong time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
· Strong technical aptitude in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Accounting: 3 years (Preferred)
- QuickBooks: 3 years (Preferred)